This exercise will go over adding views to your site
Drupal Exercise: Menus
Setup the Module
- If you have not installed the Chaos Tools and Views modules, go to http://drupal.org/files/projects/ctools and https://drupal.org/project/views, copy the links and install the modules.
- Click Structures and then Views
- Click Add New View. This is the first of the two main Views screens. This screen is for creating views. There’s also another screen for editing views that you see later.
Adjust the general view settings
- Set the following fields
- View name: New Articles
- Check the box for Description and type: A block for the site Articles.
- Select Articles for the Type.
- Select Sorted By Newest first.
- Uncheck the Create a Page box,
- Check Create a Block.
- Select HTML list from Display format.
- Change the items per page from 5 to 10.
- Check Use a Pager
- Click Save & Exit.
Enable New Articles Block
- Click Structures and then Blocks..
- Locate the block you just created. Look under the Disabled list for View: New Articles. .
- Click Configure for This Block.
- Place the block into an appropriate region.
- Set the block to show on articles. This will show the block on the articles landing page(to be created) and all the article nodes
- Click Save Block.
The Articles Landing Page
- View name: Articles.
- Check the box for Description and type: the articles landing page
- Select Article from the type.
- Observe the default settings that you will be using.
- Set the Path to articles .
- Check the box to Create a Menu Link.
- Select Main menu from the Menu drop-down.